Hybrid Mass Spectrometer Thermo Fisher Scientific LTQ Orbitrap Velos
LTQ Orbitrap Velos is a hybrid mass spectrometer incorporating the LTQ Velos dual cell linear trap and the Orbitrap analyser. The LTQ Orbitrap Velos consists of four main components –
- A dual cell linear ion trap (LTQ Velos) for sample ionisation, selection, fragmentation and AGC
- An intermediate storage device (curved linear trap) that is required for short pulse injection.
- An Orbitrap analyser for Fourier transformation based analysis.
- A collision cell for performing higher energy CID experiments
The Mass Spectrometer is supplied including the following components –
- LTQ Orbitrap Velos (including software 2.6.0)
- 2 x Edwards E2M28 vacuum pump
- Peak Scientific nitrogen generator NM3OLA-MS
- ThermoFlex900 chiller
The system was used and maintained (PM records available) up to 2017 when it was retained as a back up instrument. Images from part of the description.
Item listed as collection only, however we can supply shipping quotes on request
- Resolution – 60,000 (FWHM) @ mlz 400
- Cycle time – 1 scan at 60,000 resolution @ mlz 400 per second
- Mass range – mlz 50-2000, mlz 200-4000
- Mass accuracy – <3 ppm RMS (ext calibration), <1ppm RMS (int calibration)
- Dynamic range – >10,000 between mass spectra
- MS/MS – MS/MS & MSn
- Dimensions – 149 x 201 x 162cm (w x d x h)
- Weight – 672kg